When it comes to the UK, it is one of the most sorted out place by the people who come to visit Europe. The UK is famous for its beautiful countryside, museums, historic places, and many theatres. It has a diverse heritage for the visitors like castles, highlands as well as scenic Lake District. It is true that the UK has more to offer you. So let’s discover the places one by one and what it has got for you.
- London: London is a city which fascinates everyone. There are a number of art galleries, museums, parks, theatres, different places for shopping and dining, and yes royal touch too. Something that you would not love to miss is to see the guards changing at Buckingham Palace as well as to watch the clock of Big Ben ticking. Riding the double-decker bus across the city is the another thing that you would love to do. You can get the passes for the attractions for less by using voucher code while making the payment. You can get the code from the coupon sites.
- Scottish Highlands: Scottish Highlands is present in the northwestern part of Scotland. The place is mostly covered by mountains and so is thinly populated. The place has natural attractions which bring a number of visitors here. From that, the most famous ones are the Eilean Donan Castle and Loch Ness, which is a lake famous in Scotland.
- Stonehenge: Stonehenge is a place in the UK where you will find structures made from stone, arranged in a circular way. Apart from this well-known structure, it also prides to have more than 200 monuments and findings of Bronze and Neolithic Age.
- Edinburgh: Edinburgh holds an important part in the history of the UK. It is a place where you will find more than 4,500 old and historic buildings among old and new towns. You will find Royal Mile in the old town which is a connecting line between Palace of Holyroodhouse and Edinburgh Castle. You will find the buildings in the new town that are built in neoclassical architecture.
- York: York is the city where River Ouse meets River Foss. This ancient city has more to offer you when it comes to attractions. One of the landmarks of the city is York Minster. This cathedral is really an important piece of art.
- Cornwall: Cornwall is a peninsula which is surrounded by water on its north and south side. This place is charming but, yet isolated. When it comes to the UK, it is its westernmost point.
- Chester: Chester is located on River Dee in Cheshire near the border of Wales. The city has more to offer when it comes to history architecture and culture as it is more than 2000 years old. One of the biggest attraction of the city is the medieval wall that surrounds the city.
- Snowdonia: This place is a national park with scenic beauty. The best part is that you can have a great view of mountains, valleys as well as the coast from here. If the sky is clear, you can even see Ireland from Snowdonia. This is the third largest national park in the country.
- Lake District: Lake District which is situated in the County of Cumbria on the north-west part of the UK, is the second largest national park in the country. It is one the scenic locations in the country which have lakes, hills and mountains to offer to your beautiful eyes. Almost 14 million tourists visit this place each year. Out of that, a large number of people visit this place for outdoor activities like climbing and hiking. So if you have any such plans, then make sure to have the outdoor clothes and equipment ready with you. In case, you don’t have plans to spend more on such things then go for Trespass promo codes to get all the essentials.
- Cambridge: Cambridge is a city in UK that is located on the banks of River Cam on the northern part of London. The famous Cambridge University comes from this same land and so apart being a college town, it has more to offer in terms of culture and entertainment. If you are the kind of a person who loves to explore Gothic architecture, then you must surely visit the King’s College Chapel on the bank of River Cam. It is one of the most visited places in the UK.
So, I hope now you have a list of places that you must visit when you are in the UK.