Uterine Fibroids or uterine leiomyomas, are very common muscular tumors in uterus that are non cancerous but cause discomfort and complications such as heavy blood loss, anemia and sometimes affect pregnancy. About 80% of women suffer with it at age of 50.
Mostly fibroids have no symptoms. but, sometimes it occur with symptoms like prolonged menstrual periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, bladder problems, pelvic pain and pressure, lower back pain, bladder problems and rectal pressure.
When there are no symptoms treatment isn’t necessary. When symptoms becomes severe, proper diagnosis and treatment is becomes compulsory. With conventional treatment, you can also try few natural home remedies given below.
Applying castor oil on abdomen helps stimulate the circulatory and lymphatic systems. It increases lymphocytes that are disease-fighting cells and help to eliminate disease creating toxins from body. Many holistic health experts suggest that these toxins contribute much in fibroid development.
- Ricinoleic acid in Castor Oil is highly anti-inflammatory. Follow the following remedy to help shrink fibroid.
- Soak a wool flannel piece in castor oil.
- Place it on abdomen and wrap it with plastic bag.
- Place hot water bottle or heating pad on it and cover with a towel.
- Leave it on for an hour, and remove.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times in a week for a month at least, or till you observe improvements.
Note: Avoid Castor Oil during menstruation or when you are trying conception.
Chasteberry, or Vitex agnus-castus, found in Mediterranean areas and southern Europe, is a perfect excellent herbal treatment for maintaining hormonal balance, reduce inflammation and lower estrogen levels. Just take 25 – 30 drops of chasteberry tincture 2 – 4 times every day.
Note: Chasteberry can also help to regulate menstruation as well as bleeding during periods, however it can reduce the birth control pills effectiveness, therefore be cautious.
3. Milk Thistle
It helps to metabolize and rid excessive estrogen which is a reproductive hormone which stimulates cells to release growth factors and contributes in fibroid development. Just take 10 – 25 drops of Milk thistle tincture thrice a day for 3 – 4 months.
Poor liver function leads to deprived elimination of excess hormones that contributes to fibroids.
- Dandelion detoxifies and clears excess estrogen from body.
- Boil 3 tablespoons of dandelion root in 3½ cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Steep it for 15 minutes and strain it and drink it thrice a day for 3 months.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is highly recommended; Amanda Leto writes in Fibroid Miracle Review, “Anyone can get prevention from cellulite with antiproliferative, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) present in green tea inhibits growth of fibroid cells and ultimately”.
Drink 2 or 3 cups of green tea or take 2 (400 mg) capsules of green tea daily for few months.