If you’re interested in the Sweat with Kayla app, you’ll be happy to know that we are going to reveal everything about Kayla Itsines app! You can visit Sweat with Kayla here.
Desperate to get rid of the pooch in my belly for the upcoming beach holiday, I needed a plan. I needed a formula, some sort of plan that I could stick my rebellious mind to, one that would send my trembling fats far, far away. It needed to be intense (I only had three months! My friends were already picking out their bikinis for the holiday!), and it needed to be effective.
Sweat With Kayla App Discovery
I briefly looked through the contents of the very famous (but also very notorious) Insanity workout, and it terrified me. There was no way on earth that my beginner self could last through forty minutes of THAT workout. I was still on the hunt for my bikini-ready plan. It wasn’t until then that I stumbled upon the BBG workout plan by Kayla Itsines.
In all honesty, it was the hot pink website that initially caught my eye. But the next thing that screamed out to me was “Earn your bikini body. Start my 12 week program today!” A bikini body in 3 months? I could totally nail this.
Kayla Itsines’ website had three guides to choose from, namely the Bikini Body Bundle, H.E.L.P Nutrition Guide and the Bikini Body Workout Guide. I purchased the Bikini Body Workout Guide and was on my way to my beach-ready body.
Two weeks into the program, I found myself struggling to keep up with the diet plans that Kayla recommended. It was difficult to stick to a diet plan while working out almost every other day. To me, diet food was all about vegetables and superfoods, something that I was not so familiar with.
It was around that time that I found out Kayla had a launched an app. Most definitely it was called “Sweat with Kayla”, for the sheer amount of perspiration that every woman had shed in this BBG journey.
Kayla Itsines App Information
Simply put, this women fitness app is the Kayla Itsines app which serves as an individualized portal where women can stick to their health and fitness plan to achieve their goals. The app allows you to create an account and start your own BBG journey, whether you are a beginner or seasoned user.
Since I have painstakingly gone through two weeks of this program, I happily chose the option of Week Three.
Features of Sweat with Kayla
Being new to this whole new virtual BBG journey, it took me some time to figure out the features of this app. However, the moment I understood how the app worked, I breezed through the interface and could find what I needed rather easily. I was already used to the general idea of weekly workouts, with each day focusing on different areas of my body.
- Workouts and Planner Tab
Sweat with Kayla offered me the Week Three workout plan, broken up into different parts of the body on different days, including LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) and rest days. I could pick between Resistance, Cardio, Recovery and the bonus Challenge option, all while sticking to the weekly plan created for me.What I really enjoyed was the rehabilitation option under the Recovery selection. There was a timer that brought me through all the stretches I was supposed to do. It was really easy to follow, and was interactive too.
- Food Tab
Another feature of the app was the Food tab, which provided ideas of daily meals, all the way from breakfast to dinner. Another bonus was that there was an inbuilt recipe book for the suggested meals. These recipes were from Kayla’s H.E.L.P Guidebook. This was perfect for someone like me who struggled to come up with healthy options to stick to my diet plan.
- Progress Tab
The app had an additional feature that was difficult to implement in the hard copy guidebooks. You could take your progress photos weekly, storing your weight and size together with your photos. This really helped me see the progress of my body along the journey.
After the next three weeks of using the app to track my fitness journey, I managed to come up with reasons why I liked the app and why I didn’t quite like it.
What I liked about Sweat with Kayla app;
Sweat with Kayla was definitely worth the space in my iPhone for these various reasons:
- Offers a seven-day free trial with the option of cancelling subscription afterwards
- Interactive app which allowed personalization
- Beautifully designed interface
- Works well on my iPhone without glitching or unexpected shutdowns
- Different languages available
- User-friendly for a first-time user, with the ease of navigating around and always being able to find the workouts I was looking for
- Houses all the elements of the guides that are on sale in one place, so there was no need for repeated downloads and purchases
- The rehabilitation part of the recovery days was easy to follow and really useful
- Availability of new updates to the app which could possibly bring in new workouts
- Ability to store progress photos with weekly weigh-in results for easy access
What I didn’t quite like about this fitness app;
After using the eBook guide for the two weeks prior to switching it up to the App, I soon realized that there were some glaring issues. There is no perfect app and Sweat with Kayla is no exception. The issues are:
- Workouts and food plans are gone the moment subscription is cancelled
- No instructional videos for the tougher exercises
- Instructional videos with motivational messages and audio could have been a lot more effective (I know, I am a YouTube Blogilates subscriber)
- Similar material to the eBook guides
- Manually had to cancel subscription before the seven-day trial was up or be charged the monthly premium of $19.99. No automatic prompting was given for this matter, which could have easily slipped anybody’s minds.
All in all…
I would say that the free trial was really useful in deciding if I wanted to continue paid subscription to the app. I had a blast just looking through the recipe (as my physical guidebook did not have it), and enjoyed the rest day rehabilitation workouts.
After my free trial lapsed, I canceled my subscription and returned to my physical Guidebook and continued the BBG journey till the end. I am glad to say that I made it to my beach holiday at the end of it, bikini body-ready and all without Sweat with Kayla app.